In accordance with the BKPM Regulation No. 5 Year 2019 which is an amendment of BKPM Regulation No. 6 year 2018 regarding Guidelines and Procedures for Licensing and Investment Facility, the foreign investors who fulfill following criterion are given facility to obtain Investor KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) in order to oversee the business operations in Indonesia:
- Serves as Shareholder and Director/Commissioner in the company with the terms of ownership of at least Rp. 1,000,000,000.00 (One Billion Rupiah) or the equivalent in US dollars’ worth of company shares.
- Serves only as Shareholder in the company with the terms of ownership of at least Rp. 1,125,000,000.00 (One Billion One Hundred Twenty-Five Million Rupiah) or the equivalent in US dollars’ worth of company shares.
There are 2 (two) types of Investor KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) based on the validity, namely:
- Index C-313: Valid for 1 year and can be extended 4 times for 1 year each time.
- Index C-314: Initially valid for 2 years and can be extended 3 times more for 1 year each time.
Documents required to process the Investor KITAS:
From Sponsor Company
- Copy of Article of Association and Amendments (Akta Pendirian & Perubahan)
- Copy of Business License (Izin Usaha/SIUP)
- Copy of Company Registration Number (NIB-Nomor Induk Berusaha)
- Copy of Domicile Certificate (Surat Domisili)
- Copy of Tax Identification Number (NPWP)
- Copy of Deed of Establishment & Amendments (SK Kumham & Perubahan)
- Copy of Indonesian ID Card (KTP)/Passport/KITAS of Company Director
- Copy of Passport (Minimum Validity 18 months for C-313 and 36 Months for C-314)
- 2 (two) passport sized (4cmX6cm) photographs in white background
- Residence address in Indonesia & Country of Origin
- Name of nearest Indonesian embassy or Consulate to stamp visa (i.e. Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Bangkok etc.)
- Upon the receipt of required documents, AJ Consultants will apply for Visa Approval/Telex at office of Directorate General of Immigration (Dirjen Imigrasi).
- Office of Directorate General of Immigration (Dirjen Imigrasi) issues Visa Approval/Telex in 3-5 working days. An automatic notification of the approval is sent to Indonesian Embassy or Consulate which is chosen by the applicant.
- AJ Consultants sends a copy of Visa Approval/Telex to applicant with instruction to stamp the visa (VITAS) at selected Indonesian Embassy or Consulate. Applicant then visits the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate for the stamping of Visa (VITAS) in his/her passport. The procedure and requirements for the visa stamping may vary Embassy to Embassy. Once the Visa (VITAS) is stamped, applicant will have 90 days to enter Indonesia.
- After entering Indonesia, the applicant handovers the original passport to AJ Consultants for further conversion of visa (VITAS) into KITAS (Limited Stay Permit). During this process applicant will be visiting Immigration office once for Biometrics and interview.
- 3-4 days after the biometrics and interview immigration office will return the passport along with electronic KITAS to the applicant. The applicant is then free to travel from and to Indonesia for the period of KITAS validity.