Work KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) is issued to the foreigners who wish to work in Indonesia. The work activities include the following:
- Expert worker
- Work on ships or floating installations operating in the territorial waters of the archipelago, the territorial sea or continental shelf, and the Indonesian Exclusive Economic Zone.
- Commercial film production with authorization from the competent authority
- Supervision the quality of goods or production
- Conduct inspections or/and audits at company’s branch in Indonesia
- Conducting after-sales activities
- Installation and repair of machines
- Non-permanent work in the context of construction
- Conducting arts, music, and sports shows
- Professional sports activities
- Professional Medical activities
- Any other professional activity which receives income in Indonesia
The KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) for the purpose to work in Indonesia is issued after the Work Permit approval from Ministry of Manpower and a prior Visa Approval from Directorate General of Immigration Office (Dirjen Imigrasi).
The duration of Work KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) depends on the length of Work Permit issued to the applicant by Ministry of Manpower. The maximum length of validity for the Work KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) is 12 months. The Work KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) with 1-6 months validity is non-extendable and the with 7-12 months validity can be extended 4 times. Each time the extension is granted for period same as first KITAS.
Requirements for Work KITAS (Limited Stay Permit)
- Copy of Passport (with minimum validity of 18 months)
- Copy of Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of Degree/Diploma
- Copy of any Insurance Policies (Optional)
- 2 (two) passport sized (4cmX6cm) photographs in white background
- Description of Job Title (Designation) required by applicant
- Address in Indonesia & Country of Origin
- Proof of funds available (Minimum US$ 1500 or equivalent)
- Name of nearest Indonesian embassy or Consulate to stamp visa (i.e. Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Bangkok etc.)
From Sponsor Company
- Copy of Article of Association and Amendments (Akta Pendirian & Perubahan)
- Copy of Business License (Izin Usaha/SIUP)
- Copy of Company Registration Number (NIB-Nomor Induk Berusaha)
- Copy of Domicile Certificate (Surat Domisili)
- Copy of Tax Identification Number (NPWP)
- Copy of Deed of Establishment & Amendments (SK Kumham & Perubahan)
- Copy of Indonesian ID Card (KTP)/Passport/KITAS of Company Director
- Copy of Company’s Manpower Report (Wajib Lapor Ketenagakerjaan)
- Copy of Identity card (KTP) of Indonesian employee who will be working along with the foreigner (Tenaga Pendamping)
- Username and Password for TKA-Online and VISAONLINE (if company already registered)
- Upon the receipt of required documents, AJ Consultants will apply for Work Permit Approval from Ministry of Manpower. This process consists of Foreign Worker Placement Plan (RPTKA) and Work Permit (Notifikasi). During this process, the sponsor company will also pay the Government Fee of USD 1200 (Worker Levy) and USD 150 as Visa (VITAS) Fee on behalf of applicant.
- Once the Work Permit is approved and all the government fee is paid, office of Directorate General of Immigration (Dirjen Imigrasi) will issue Visa Approval/Telex in 3-5 working days. An automatic notification of the approval is sent to Indonesian Embassy or Consulate which is chosen by the applicant.
- AJ Consultants will also send a copy of Visa Approval/Telex to applicant with instruction to stamp the visa (VITAS) at selected Indonesian Embassy or Consulate. Applicant then visits the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate for the stamping of Visa (VITAS) in his/her passport. The procedure and requirements for the visa stamping may vary Embassy to Embassy. Once the Visa (VITAS) is stamped, applicant will have 90 days to enter Indonesia.
- Upon arrival in Indonesia, the applicant will submit the biometrics at the immigration check point at airport and will be issued KITAS by email within 1-2 days.
In case due to some system error if applicant is not issued KITAS at airport then the applicant must handovers the original passport to AJ Consultants for further conversion of visa (VITAS) into KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) at regional immigration office. During this process applicant will be visiting Immigration office once for Biometrics and interview. 3-4 days after the biometrics and interview immigration office will return the passport along with electronic KITAS to the applicant. The applicant is then free to travel from and to Indonesia for the period of KITAS validity.