Repatriation KITAS (KITAS Repatriasi) is issued to Ex-Indonesian Citizens or children born out of mixed marriage between an Indonesian citizen and a foreigner (former dual citizenship subject). The main purpose of Repatriation KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) is to regain the Indonesian citizenship.
The validity of Repatriation KITAS is 1 year and can be extended 4 times for 1 year each time. The KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) can be converted to a KITAP (Permanent Stay Permit) after 4 years and subsequently the foreigner can apply for Indonesian citizenship.
The documents required for Repatriation KITAS (Limited Stay Permit) are as follows:
- Copy of Indonesian ID Card (KTP), Family Register (Kartu Keluarga) and Birth Certificate (Akte Kelahiran) of sponsor (parents or siblings)
- Copy of passport of applicant (minimum validity of 18 months)
- Proof of Ex-Indonesian Citizenship issued by the government of Republic of Indonesia such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, Indonesian ID Card (KTP), degree/diploma, passport, or certificate of land ownership.
- 2 (two) passport sized (4cmX6cm) photographs in white background
- Proof of funds available (Minimum US$ 1500 or equivalent; usually bank statement)
- Name of nearest Indonesian embassy or Consulate to stamp visa (i.e. Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Bangkok etc.)
- Upon the receipt of required documents, AJ Consultants will apply for Visa Approval/Telex at office of Directorate General of Immigration (Dirjen Imigrasi).
- Office of Directorate General of Immigration (Dirjen Imigrasi) issues Visa Approval/Telex in 3-5 working days. An automatic notification of the approval is sent to Indonesian Embassy or Consulate which is chosen by the applicant.
- AJ Consultants sends a copy of Visa Approval/Telex to applicant with instruction to stamp the visa (VITAS) at selected Indonesian Embassy or Consulate. Applicant then visits the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate for the stamping of Visa (VITAS) in his/her passport. The procedure and requirements for the visa stamping may vary Embassy to Embassy. Once the Visa (VITAS) is stamped, applicant will have 90 days to enter Indonesia.
- After entering Indonesia, the applicant handovers the original passport to AJ Consultants for further conversion of visa (VITAS) into KITAS (Temporary Residence Permit). During this process applicant will be visiting Immigration office once for Biometrics and interview.
- 3-4 days after the biometrics and interview immigration office will return the passport along with electronic KITAS to the applicant. The applicant is then free to travel from and to Indonesia for the period of KITAS validity.